Friday 5 January 2018

Morning Glory: My Fabrics

 
My fabric selection for Morning Glory arrived in the week before Christmas which was perfect timing, although I didn't have time to unwrap and take a proper look at it until just this week, things have been so hectic. First of all, I'm relieved. Sometimes when you buy fabrics online it can be disappointing to see them in real life, but with this selection, that hasn't been a problem. They're gorgeous. The range I selected is called 'Crystal Farm' by Editar Sitar. I don't know why, but this range just spoke to me the moment I saw it and I knew it was destined for Morning Glory.

I love it when that instant connection with a fabric happens because I am so notoriously indecisive over fabrics. It just felt right and after my bad choices last year, this time around I'm following my gut feeling. Of course it wouldn't be 'me' if I didn't fiddle around a bit and in these pics I'm playing around with different greens and pinks to check the contrast levels.

I'm really in love with some Di Ford Hall pinks and greens from my stash that I thought would pick up against the blue beautifully so they're in the mix too. All the Crystal Farm fabrics are gorgeous but working on a navy blue does mean I had to check and double check and play around ..before opting for my first choice after all. You know, the same old story..
I picked the blue background over a year ago. I was in a fabric shop with my DD when I fell in love with this shade of blue. These pics don't do the shade justice, it's really beautiful without being too dark and the minute I saw it, I knew I had to buy the bolt. My DD tried to wrestle it from my arms, reminding me that I promised I wouldn't be buying fabrics except when allocated to a specific project. But you know what? Rules are made for breaking and this is one rule I'm so glad I did break. I had no idea why but I knew it would come in handy at some point. And that point is now.

The blue is 'Textured Solids in Indigo' by Andover. 
These pics don't do the range justice, I don't know what is going on with my lighting. But I just wanted to show you what I'd purchased. You'll be seeing a lot more of it in the months to come. I can't wait to make a start. 

How are you getting on with your fabric shopping?

This post relates to my BOM 'Morning Glory'


'Morning Glory' is one of my current paid BOMs for 2018. This year I'm celebrating 10 years of blogging and BOMs, so to celebrate I'm having a BOM party. What does that mean? It means that for the price of 1 x BOM, you get access to all 3 x BOMs I've released plus additional projects throughout the year. It's my biggest adventure ever and you're invited to join me. It's my way of saying thank you for your friendship and support. You can join anytime. Pay once and play all year.

Click on my BOM Birdy to learn more :) 

3 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty Esther! Have you seen the color option for the BOM on the Quilt Show.com? It is by Edyta Sitar and uses her Crystal Farm fabrics. It is oh so pretty as well. I am going to follow your lead and use the beautiful blue for my background but will try to fill in the other fabrics from my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered mine for Daisy Blue...most on special with free delivery which means I can purchase more, right?!??!!! I will post a pic when it arrives. I really really really did try to shop my stash, but the yardage was not there and most are FQs soooo that's is my excuse and I'm sticking to it. One good thing about not buying all the fabric for a quilt is if you wait long enough (and are lucky it is still available) you can get the rest of the required fabric on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and BYW that blue fabric is gorgeous - I know as I've seen it. One day I'll have the courage to buy a bolt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...