Tuesday 18 July 2017

Love Entwined by Judy Hogg

Last month I shared the happy news that Judy Hogg's Love Entwined won awards at the Sydney Quilt Show. Well, today I'm delighted to announce that Judy Hogg's Love Entwined quilt is now in the Love Entwined Gallery. I love all the excitement and expectation of waiting for all the LE's out there to come 'home' to the gallery when they're ready and Judy's is no exception. What a beauty!
She combined machine embroidery with her favorite fabric colours to create her masterpiece. It took her three years to complete and like many of us, she too wondered about the original quilt maker’s motivation, identity and techniques.  It’s a real beauty and I’m delighted that Judy had finished and shared it with us. Here’s what she has to say about it:

Why did you decide to undertake this project? I needed a challenge
What's been your favourite part? all of it, but I did enjoy digitising for my machine embroidery
What's been the most challenging? the zig zag borders
What inspired your fabric and colour choices? Used my favourite colours
What range did you opt for? my stash
Have you ever thought about the original maker? often wonder what she used and how long it took her
How long did it take you to make? 3 years in total

Judy thinks the zig-zag borders were the most challenging, but I think the 'dewbies' were much more fiddly!
I'm in awe of Judy LE and so happy to have another finished LE to enjoy. What a visual feast!

What about you? Are you making Love Entwined? Have you joined the Love Entwined BOM Group? Go ahead and join us as we share friendship, quilting tips and creativity.

Love Entwined: 1790 Marriage Coverlet is a historic, heritage applique quilt made in remembrance and legacy of an original coverlet of no name, referred to only as a 'fine marriage coverlet' by Averil Colby in her publication printed in 1958. I created Love Entwined: 1790 Marriage Coverlet in homage to the original because I knew that this quilt needed to be remembered, acknowledged and recognized by all quilters everywhere as a work of magnificent ingenuity without peer or equal in its era. This quilt was originally released as a Free BOM over 18 months. The BOM is now finished. The pattern can be purchased via my online pattern shop. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I have never finished mine :( I started out good then put it aside and I have not finished the center square - I hope to one day - I have 3 bouquets left to make surely I can finish that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    Just happened by your blog, but this piece looks rather stunning. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...