Tuesday 14 March 2017

Secret Garden: Thread Picking

My Secret Garden block is coming along, but the tones in this block mean that my leaves need some help. Because of the blue, they are now completely lost into the background. Because the background is such a soft green, it mostly doesn't photograph correctly, colour wise. It is much softer in real life and the green background is lighter than it looks here.
 I'm really tempted by a strong yellow, but I think it might be too bright
 So I'm just playing around. There's so much scope for embellishing and working and adding all these kinds of details to the Secret Garden blocks, I'm just playing around and enjoying the moment..
 How is your Secret Garden coming along?

“If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to this wonderful Mystery BOM 


This very special applique Mystery BOM has launched!


Will you join me on this adventure?
The journey started February 1st, 2017
You can join right now
Digital pattern downloads are instant!
The BOM runs for 12 months
The pattern will be emailed to you directly each month
The finished quilt size is 80 x 80 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...