Monday 2 November 2015

It Must Be Pattern Making Time!

The oddest thing happens whenever I release a new quilt pattern - something in my house retires. It's happened so many times that we often joke about it now, wondering which thing will 'go' next? Without fail, whenever I am releasing a pattern, things go wrong in the house. At first I thought it was a strange coincidence, then I thought I was being paranoid about things that must have been due to happen anyway, but now there's really no way to explain how all these things happen precisely when I'm working on quilt releases! It's so strange.

Well, my washing machine and PDF software both failed when I was on the computer typing up the Nelke pattern. The washing machine was so expensive to fix that it was cheaper to purchase a new one. It arrived this morning. My PDF software simply failed for no reason that the software company was able to determine so I'll be moving on to another brand and hoping it's all in place for my next pattern release. My photocopier is still on the blink. I keep going back and forth about whether it's worth spending the money to fix it. Whenever I'm scanning patterns, I'm certainly sure that it IS worth the expense, but every other time I think it's not. We'll see. My current system is too frustrating to keep up so I'll have to update how I work on my patterns.

As for the rest of today, I'll be doing the laundry.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know.... I might consider a work around to releasing patterns. Try to trick the "system" or something? I'm sorry things keep breaking. It has to be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your frustration. ANY interruption that is caused by phones, problems, unforeseen requirements, etc is enough for a quilter to pull one's hair out! LOL.
    Hope things settle down. Just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther, hopefully you're having fun while washing. I would have been so frustrated when everything around me failed or broke down. Hopefully you still see the sunny side of things.Maybe my announcement will chear you up because I would like to let you know I have nominated you for the lovely blog award, because of your inspiring blog on with you share so much tips and inspiration with all of us. You can find your nomination at
    http://quiltinspiratie.blogspot.nl/2015/11/one-lovely-blog-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Adobe just released a new reader that allows for editing. I don't know if it will be of help but maybe it will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is a perfect day for you! Blessings and thanks for all you share with the world!
    Cheers, from the USA,
    Cathy in Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...