Saturday 8 August 2015

Charming Oma 2 of 4

In the pattern, these are the charms of Part 4
I never miss my cat more than when I'm quilting, she died a few years ago and I really miss her company in my sewing studio, I definitely think a cat completes a home so this block has a special place in my heart. 

I thought the curves of the head would be tricky, but they really weren't which was a nice surprise! I definitely recommend using a fusible wash away as your pattern piece, it quickened my applique process and is most of the reason why I'm getting through so much so quickly - all those little time savings really add up!
This is another block that needs some threaded embellishment 

This is one of those blocks that is 'lost' at the moment - it needs some outlining and embellishing to help it stand out.
 I'm really enjoying making all the charm blocks and am really taking time to consider all the details. Aren't these teapots just so charming? I think they're perfect for my charm plate - they're so homey and given that Oma's Blues is all about dishware, it's just a lovely touch.

 
Oma's Blues is my current FREE BOM. 
You can still join this free BOM right now - all parts are available over in my Group.

5 comments:

  1. Your work is just exquisite, Esther! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are just looking fabulous.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful, Esther! There is something stunning and comforting about blue and white in combination. The cat is lovely - such nice detail in the design and lovely, curved edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little gems. Your work is so amazing I can never get the inside corners so perfect as you do. I always have a few stray bits that show.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your encouraging comments, I am in love with these charms ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...