Friday 7 August 2015

Charming Oma 1 of 4

I've been loving watching members make these up and couldn't wait any longer, here are my charms. First off I made my bound heart, I just thought it was a sweet romantic block to start on. Originally I supposed that I would create the 'knot' with crochet cotton, but decided on applique as the threads were completely lost on the design.
I love tulips, this block is just so neat and cute
 My little house definitely needs some embellishing stitches, I'm thinking about them already
 I was really torn over what fabric to use for the apple: this blue blossom fabric shows up a few times in Oma's Blues. I purchased it years ago because I loved it instantly - but never found the right quilt to use it in. Then, a few months ago I sold the bolt I had of it to one of the women I'm teaching in our beginners sewing club and since I parted with it, I've fallen in love with it all over again! I only had just enough to use it a little in Oma but I'm glad I managed to use it somewhere.
Sometimes you just have to 'let your favourite fabrics go'. The women who purchased this fabric from me went on to make gorgeous earrings with it and she tells me this fabric is a best seller at her market stalls, so I'm glad to report that the fabric I reluctantly 'let loose' on the world is going to be enjoyed by literally hundreds of women in it's own small way :)
Cute, aren't they?

Due to my schedule, I'm not making Oma's Blues at the same time as everyone else - I'm making it out of turn according to the free BOM release schedule. All these blogs have already been released and I'm only making them now.

Oma's Blues is my current FREE BOM. 
You can still join this free BOM right now - all parts are available over in my Group.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Esther

    Growing up we called our grandparents Ouma and Oupa. It is the South African version. All along when I looked at Oma's Blues I saw it in warmer colours. Until we went on a spur of the moment outing over the long weekend and four blues found me, not in a fabric shop. One is a small blue floral on a darker blue background. Perfect for Oma's Blues. Part of my incentive to finish WIP's is to have new projects I want to make, ready to start when the current one is finished. It also makes me finish sooner rather than later. Love the earings, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are charming. My favorite is the tulip. And I can see why the earrings are popular - they are darling.
    Thanks for sharing, Esther!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...