Wednesday 22 May 2013

WOW: A Polygon ate my BOM

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
 
If any of you have faced this dreadful error message, you'll know just how I feel.
Weeks of work - gone. Erased in a few seconds.
 
 
I don't know what's worse: losing an entire quilt project in a split second? Or the fact that I didn't learn my lesson the first time around? You see, this exact thing happened to me last year with my last BOM, Forget Me Not. I ended up re-drafting that entire pattern by hand. I had no other choice. And I was determined not to make the same mistake. Why did I give it another go? I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking. I should have learnt my lesson, if I had I'd be sitting back with a coffee browsing through the WOWs. Somehow, however well intentioned, I always end up creating more work for myself. Why? I don't know. I do always start out with the intention of making things easier, faster, better. Hmmmm. Somewhere, amongst hundreds of drawn applique pieces there was a polygon that was no good, and this little polygon somehow had the power to wipe out my entire quilt.
 
Don't get me wrong: I don't want you to think I've given up, I simply can't. The upcoming BOM is perhaps the most intricate quilt I've worked on and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
 
What's Your WOW ?


11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Esther my heart just went whom down in to my stomach when I just read your email I can not imagine the feelings you are going through right now. Sending big hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending big supportive hugs.
    So sorry this has happened.

    Good luck sorting it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful thing to happen I felt sick when I read what happened to you. Thinking and supporting you with all my might. :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Esther, so sorry to hear what has happened, big hugs while you sort it out, sounds like a fabulous quilt in store for us all.
    jENNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I had to read your message over I could not believe my eyes. I am sending big cyber hugs to you. You must just feel sick about this.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch

    Which reminds me I need to finish backing up all of my files.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polygons are a nasty lot. All those lines and angles and such. Perhaps you should change from coffee to port to improve your perspective on the situation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heart aches for you, Esther. Would it be possible to bring this to the attention of EQ? Maybe they can at least tell you why that error occurred, or if there is a chance for recovery. Sometimes software will have temporary files we are not aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awful thing to happen! A supportive hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frustrating! I design with EQ7 but can get very annoyed when the design doesn't work like it should. Best of luck fixing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got my EQ 7 update a few days ago. I worked hard on a quilt yesterday - several hours. When I went to open it this morning I first got "your computer is low on memory". That is NOT possible. When I closed that my quilt said I had an "unreadable fabric". Strange! I wondered what I could have done. I really feel for you, losing your work. At least mine was a pieced quilt that I should be able to create again without too much trouble. But it is nice to find out this oddball type thing has happened to someone besides me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...