Sunday 18 September 2011

Wish Me Bon Voyage!!

By the time you read this, I will be in the air, flying with my DH, just the two of us. Yes, we are up and away!!
This trip is a special one because it has a story behind it. When I opened my online shop, I boasted to my husband that I would fly the both of us to Paris on the proceeds. Well…of course I was joking. I don’t actually earn enough to cover expenses, let alone take holidays, I do what I do only because I love it. So I was very happy when my DH surprised me last week by telling me we were going to Europe. Yes, can you believe I only had 1 week to pack??? And organize things???



My DD took a snap of us packing the car….(is she eager to see us go?) We think so. 
Both my DDs think the house could be a little less…..well, creative….so I have left strict instructions that none of my things or my studio is allowed to be 'tidied up'. I’m not too concerned (at the moment) because I don’t think 5 weeks is enough time for them to actually attempt tackling my studio. I should know, I’ve tried! I'll keep reminding them just to make sure I think... 
I will post whenever I find Wi-Fi, just as I am now.
Those of you following my BOM, Peaceful Pathways – the next block will of course, still be posted as usual on the 15th of October, I will make sure it is, wherever I am on my travels.
I also managed to finish a few little WIPs in the whirlwind that was last week…and I will be announcing an exciting competition as soon as I find time to type it up!
I will be checking in with my Yahoo Group and emails…but from more exotic locations than usual.

28 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and welcome to Europe! You will have a great time together :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Europe, I live in the Netherlands and today it is raining here. so I hope that will have better weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Hubby! Enjoy your trip. I LOVE that picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderfully inspiring time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a sweet man! I think you don't need to be worrying about us.. just go and enjoy your once in a lifetime trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how exciting! I usually don't like surprises but I think I could stand that one. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Europe and have a nice time. When you go to Paris or Francetry to see the wondeful stitch shops. They have marvelous things.
    Enjoy your stay with yout DH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time and don't worry too much about the blog. We will be here when you get back. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful and safe trip Esther and what a fabulous surprise. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome to europe,hope the weather will be better than the last summer,bon voyage!susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet surprise for you from your dh! Have a great time! I love that pic of the two of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting and wonderful surprise!!Welcome to Europe.I live in Spain and today is a sunny day.Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great holiday in Europe - if you come over to Scotland, please don't expect any decent weather, but the welcome will be enough to compensate (I hope) - enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safe and happy travels Esther and your DH. A trip well deserved. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you! I look forward to your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Esther, I was thinking of you Saturday & yesterday doing your last minute packing & more packing, did it all fit in the bags?????? As you can see by the emails there are a lot of quilters out there who follow you; and will where ever you are in the world. Have lots of fun; just enjoy your time with you special man. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting...have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a safe and fun trip Esther! Enjoy your time with hubby and take lots of pics for us.....see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  19. BON VOYAGE Esther can't wait to see what inspiration you bring home. chrisb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy you time away you deserve a holiday. We will be good while you are gone. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a wonderful trip, Esther! I know you'll be peeking into some quilt shops. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes ! I wish you "Bon Voyage" !
    Welcome in Europe, maybe in my country...
    Hugs from France !
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a marvellous holiday, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great Husband:>) Have a great time. I look forward to you posting some pictures of your trip. Have fun!!!!! be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OHHHHHHHH! Have fun, and don't worry. We will all still be here when you get back. Send pictures so I can enjoy Europe through your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW I see about 40 different fabrics in that group. Are they all for the next mystery BOM? Flowers sounds beautiful. I will be looking forward to it.
    Have a wonderful vacation. 5 weeks how nice.
    JeanneZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...