Wednesday 28 January 2009

Heat Wave

It's going to be one of those weeks! I can't wait to get tothe other side of it.

There's a heatwave expected all this week (I'm already heat exhausted) and, in typical fashion, I have 2 quilts to quilt lined up. What was I thinking? I've decided to stick with my quilting schedule - this year I want no ensure no more UFO's are created (actually I wanted to dust off and finish all the ones I already have) and this means working to a plan. As much as I resist plans, I've reached the point of having to get seriously scheduled.

This is hard for me - with quilting I prefer to work as the mood takes me. However this has also meant that I actually do have a lot of UFO's, a lot to quilts ready to quilt, a lot of new design stencils and a lot of new quilts waiting in the wings. I decided that this year was going to be stash busting, and it's also going to be working through some 'must make' quilts.

This week I also started preparing for some workshops coming in the next few weeks. I really enjoy teaching stencilling - it's a great workshop and I'm always impressed with what fellow quilters and curious students manage to create after just a day of learning the technique.

Of course, workshop planning wouldn't be complete without some supply issues. I'm currently trying to source the right shade of paints - it appears that everyone shops for art supplies at the same time!

Sometimes the organising takes more time than the workshop itself.

Well, I know I shouldnt complain, at least I'm sweating over something I enjoy doing....

2 comments:

  1. I always find it funny when someone from your area says it is a heat wave when we have 32 degrees and in the middle of an ice storm!! I would trade you if I could - I'm tired of the cold and the ice :)
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could send you some of our snow and cold and even things out for all of us. We have about 18 inches of snow on the ground, so that should go quite a way toward cooling down your heat wave.

    Marge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...