Sunday 17 August 2008

Nightshade, you're going to HOUSTON!

I'm happy to report that I received confirmation this last week that Nightshade has been juried into Houston!

Otherwise, I've just been busy dabbling in my sewing studio. Trying out a few new techniques and attempting to organise my chaos.

Something that has caught my eye is the new Inktense derwent pencils that have been advertised in quilting magazines lately, has anyone given these a go? I'd love to hear some feedback if you have.

That's all for now, I'm a little distracted as I have several sketches on the go, hopefully I will have something new in the next day or two.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Esther! Fingers crossed!

    As for the Derwent intense pencils, I haven't used them myself but understand that one approach is to quilt your shape/motif; apply the medium within the line of stitching; and then colour in the area with pencil. The stitching acts as a resist to prevent bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - it's abeautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is a stunning quilt -- wish I could go too to see it in person. Will you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Esther, I will be rooting for you! Your quilt is stunning and the quilting magnificent! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I have the Derwent Inktense pencils and love using them. The colours are bright intense colours. There is also another range called Derwent Graphitint which are more subtle, gentle colour. Both very easy to use :o)
    BTW The pencils are made just a few miles away from me in the English Lake District. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...